- Advises both local and international banks and other financial institutions in respect of banking and finance matters.
- Advises on various financings, sale and leasebacks, syndicated loans, structured finance as well as derivative transactions.
- Corporate & commercial – advises on mainstream corporate work, including due diligence, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, foreign inbound and outbound investment and general corporate and commercial matter.
- Insolvency – advising creditors as well as prospective purchasers of NPL/NPA portfolios from various financial banks and other institutions.
Peter Burke has over 25 years’ experience working as a corporate and commercial lawyer as well as a banking lawyer in Thailand. Peter represents a wide variety of clients including local as well as internationally based entities in respect of matters ranging from daily operational issues to the planning and implementation of inward and outbound investment. Since 2002, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Chambers and other publications have regularly recognized Peter as a leading lawyer in Thailand in the areas of corporate and commercial as well as banking and finance related issues.
- Barclays Capital, in relation to their acquisition of a Thai securities company
- DBS, on their bid to acquire a stake in a Thai listed financial institution
- Advises various financial institutions including HSBC, Credit Agricole, National Australia Bank, Goldman Sachs, Calyon and Standard Chartered Bank, on various Thai matters
- Advising HSBC BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole and Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a US$125 facility million facility to a leading Thai Steel producer
- Lafarge, on their investment and joint venture arrangements with Siam Cement in respect to their gypsum operations
- Representing one of the largest NPL portfolio acquirers in respect of various bids for non-performing loans
- Nakheel, with their investment in a hotel/residential development
- Corporate & commercial
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Banking & finance
- LLM, (Law), St. Mary’s College, University of London, England
- LLM, (Law), Georgetown University, USA
- Law Society of England & Wales (1991)
- Law Society of Hong Kong (1996)
- Japanese (Intermediate)
- Thai (Intermediate)
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2002-2019)
- Leading Banking & Finance Practitioner, Asia Pacific Legal 500
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Chambers Global and Chambers Asia
- Leading Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer, IFLR 1000
- Recommended Banking & Finance Lawyer, Global Counsel